Tuesday, July 14, 2015

This morning's Hawan Gah Prayer ...



Eventually, I will make a playlist of the prayers and post them in the sidebar for easy access.  This morning as I listened and held my hands in the prayerful position and kept my eye on the Flame, it was as if I touched something very ancient in the prayer.  At first, I felt guilty about it thinking it to be something indigenous to the people, but then I recognized it is also now within me.  For whatever reason, it has filled my heart.  I believe the spirit can carry our history just like dna and this is part of what I feel connected to when I pray.  It may not be a Zoroastrian teaching, but I feel there is a connection there.  It just occurred to me that there has been discussion (including this past day or two!) on Norse peoples and Zoroastrians.  I am going to google it today...

No comments:

Post a Comment